Τετάρτη 7 Απριλίου 2010

Everlasting supplies of strawberries

There have been times in life when my awareness of myself as an entity in the physical world has been reduced to an awareness of my hands. Skinny white human sticks interacting with spoonforks, steering wheels, magical seashells and hot air balloons! There's laughter and love and a light gray shirt on my shoulders as we drive towards the sun.

This trip was good for me. A country that respects itself and its visitors is a painful metaphor I can live with. Waking up with a sense of purpose, rather than a resignation to fighting with nothing, is refreshing. Some day I will learn how not to taint those sentences. For now, I am content learning how to play my own game again. It's rather odd, that the (my) way to personal confidence is to try everything else first.

Apparently, there is no legislature against discrimination in Greece. If the color of your face is not on the EU flag, you have no right to certain professions, qualified or not. If I don't want you two folks kissing in my restaurant, I am a very legal asshole, you can whine, but you can't take me to court. I wonder how the fuck we got accepted in the EU in the first place. Apart from the lack of proper human laws, we're also a dishonest breed of people - why would you trust us with any money, at all? There's only so much mess we can get away with, gentlemen.

But I don't really care for anything, right now. It's scary, my capacity for despair takes me by surprise and I end up freezing my ass off, gazing at the silver leaves beyond my window. And they look back at me, and they're malicious, and cold.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου