Τρίτη, 8 Μαρτίου 2011

4:04 - Life not Found

Sitting by the fireplace, listening to mom rambling how she never does anything for herself, while 'your father has his tennis sessions and yoga classes', I become slightly enraged. So whose fault is it? His? Mine? I've had my taste of the unfair and I did not like it.

I wonder if that's the future. I wonder if I will sit with some young kid one day, trying to think it all through for them, make them see the surefire way to riches and happiness all laid out in front of their eyes, if they would only listen. And then I'll say, 'Son, you will waste half your life trying to figure out what I'm telling you now. So shallow up your youthful pride and do what needs to be done and do it well.'

Kids these days, they like the protection, the clean clothes, the 24/7 support, but try to give them a little bit of direction and they suddenly remember they're supposed to be all independent and follow their own path and stuff like that, which is ridiculous, frankly, when they clearly can't even tell the business end of a fork from its handle. Rebellion without responsibility can not be real.

However, if he says 'I'd rather waste 90% of my life if it means the rest 10% is spent living', then I'll know he's not a kid anymore.