Σάββατο 21 Αυγούστου 2010

the quick brown fridge jumped over the lazy bridge

[sx]

I wanted to get satellite Internet access on board just to be able to sign in as caroline@sapiokaravo and include a witty pm about the bomb threat and subsequent thorough search of the ship by officers and scuba divers. Oh well, boredom and lack of battery life made it impractical to do so.

When you lean on the ship windows looking out for a long time, counting passing jellyfish -23- and then, you get bored of observing them muffin-like creatures and decide to look back inside to check on your stuff, it feels like you are on DRUGS. Passenger seats spinning, cabin rotating, straight lines moving in a wavy fashion - not that I would know what it's actually like to be stoned, but I bet it is something like that. Unless the movies have it all wrong again like they do with the slitting your wrists part.

I painted my fridge brown yesterday - not because I'm fond of the color, or fridge decoration, but simply because my parents wanted to cover some scratches and I'm the most qualified person to operate a paint brush in the house. Brown is an unfortunate choice, but a necessary one, seeing it's the only color of paint we have in the village and, hey, it also matches the rest of the furniture. That this color renders the fridge invisible in low light, thus making late night navigation in the kitchen a frustrating ordeal for the hungry, I can grudginly accept. That this particular hue of brown gives birth to unwelcome implications in the presence of food, I can tolerate. What I cannot put up with is the knowledge that the very act of painting the damn fridge robbed me of being present in a defining moment of sport history. Fuck you, fridge! You won't be all that smug and smiley when the first thermodynamic law catches up with you!

:D

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου